Last Revised on August 15, 2019
Please note that this policy only applies to Herbalife websites (“Sites”) containing a link to this policy.
You may identify the Herbalife controller of your personal data by using the chart at the end of this policy based on your country of residence. The controller of your personal data determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
Please be also advised that Herbalife products are sold exclusively through our Independent Members (“members”), who can also be controllers of your personal data. You should contact them directly to understand their data practices.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What are the benefits of Herbalife collecting my information?
- What information might be collected by the Sites?
- How will Herbalife collect and store this information?
- How long will Herbalife store this information?
- What is Herbalife’s commitment to Children’s Privacy?
- What are my rights with respect to my personal information?
- What about Internet and website security?
- Can Herbalife change this policy?
- How can I identify the Herbalife controller of my personal data?
What are the benefits of Herbalife collecting my information?
Through its websites, Herbalife collects personal information about you for a variety of reasons:
- To prepare and perform an agreement with you, such as:
- to prepare and enter into a membership agreement with you;
- to execute the membership agreement, including calculating your earnings and those of other members, and maintaining and delivering information on your up- and down-line (lineage reports);
- to process product orders;
- to deliver and take-back products and to manage warranties; and
- for payment purposes.
- To meet our legal obligations, such as:
- for accounting and tax purposes;
- to conduct product call-back operations; and
- to respond to requests for information by competent public bodies and judicial authorities.
- For Herbalife’s legitimate business purposes, such as:
- to provide our services and to protect the integrity and security of our services;
- to improve the user experience of our websites by making them more accessible and user friendly and create content more relevant to you;
- to resolve member inquiries;
- to provide you with information and online advertising on our products, services, and special offers.
You may have a right to oppose certain uses of your personal information under applicable law; but in this case, you may not be able to fully benefit from our products and services.
- On the basis of your consent:
- to receive dedicated services, such as receiving information packs;
- to get in contact with a Herbalife member for an introduction into membership or to participate in events and challenges;
- for the use of your e-mail address or telephone number in connection with the marketing of Herbalife products and services and related products and services; and
- the use of certain cookies and similar technologies, as required by law.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by letting us know at the email address below, by opting out of advertising by e-mail or SMS, or by changing the privacy settings of your browser as set out below. If you withdraw consent, you may not be able to fully enjoy our products and services.
What information might be collected by the Sites?
At Herbalife, we intend to give you as much control as possible over your personal information. In general, you can visit the Sites without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, we collect technical information, such as an IP address and your browser information in order to make a connection and display our website. For example, we might collect data regarding your journey through the website or record the options that you have chosen to select. This is a common standard procedure for any website on the Internet. The information collected does not directly identify you but may be helpful to us for marketing purposes and improving the services we offer.
There are times, however, when we collect information directly from you, such as your name and address; for example, when you fill out a form to request information about Herbalife products or Herbalife membership, or to establish contact with a member or to participate in a challenge or sweepstake. On those occasions, we may provide you additional information and choices about our intended use of your personal information, if required. We also collect your communication preferences, such as whether or not you wish to receive commercial e-mails.
For registered members, Herbalife collects information about products you purchase online and information voluntarily uploaded by members on the Sites, such as their leads and marketing efforts.
We may receive additional information about you from public and commercially-available sources and other third parties. If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter through the Sites, to login to the Sites or to share information about your experience on the Sites with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
How will Herbalife collect and store this information?
Herbalife stores your personal information in a centralized repository together with other information we may have about you, if any. This allows us to avoid duplication, better manage our information resources and provide you with a better service. We use this information for the purposes mentioned above and in accordance with your choices.
How long will Herbalife store this information?
We may retain your information for as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law, whichever is longer. The duration for which Herbalife stores your personal information depends on the purpose for which the information is being used.
Herbalife stores you information in a secure environment protected by a combination of physical and technical measures. There is no general public access to this information, except for information you voluntarily provide in public communities and forums on the Sites or third party platforms.
- To understand how you can amend, or update information stored about you, please refer to the question below titled: “What are my rights with respect to my personal information?”
With whom does Herbalife share my personal information?
Relevant personal information will be shared with:
- its affiliated or associated companies, and the dealers, agencies and licensees of any of these companies;
- service providers working for Herbalife, for example, companies that help us develop our website and keep it secure and companies that help us make advertising more relevant;
- other companies with which Herbalife has directly or indirectly arranged services for your benefit, for example fulfilling orders, delivering packages, email administrative functions, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service;
- selected Herbalife members, including Herbalife members in your up-line (for example, Lineage Reports);
- other parties as required by law, or to comply with a subpoena, legal proceedings, or similar legal or judicial process or arbitration, including disclosure to authorized third party auditors or governmental authorities, or to investigate or prevent fraud; and
- other parties in the context of a corporate transaction, such as a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy procedure.
Where will your personal information be stored?
Herbalife operates in many countries across the world. To enable us to offer consistent service to you, wherever you may be, we manage certain website functions from one central location. This is currently in the U.S. In addition, members in your up-line may be established in the U.S or other countries. There is not one set of data protection laws that cover Europe, the U.S. and other parts of the world. The European laws require that Herbalife take steps to protect your information when it is transferred to regions outside of Europe. Those steps include:
- for international transfers to other Herbalife entities around the world, Herbalife relies on its Model Contractual Clauses;
- for international transfers to service providers, the protections depend on the service provider concerned and its location, and include agreements containing data protection clauses as required by law; and
- for international transfer, if any, to members in your up-line, Herbalife relies on the execution of the membership agreement.
Herbalife’s Commitment to Children’s Privacy?
Protecting the privacy of children is important. In some instances, Herbalife may collect Personal Information from minors. Herbalife obtains the consent of the minor’s parent or legal guardian as required by applicable law.
What are my rights with respect to my personal information?
Depending on the applicable law, you may have various rights in respect to your personal information, such as a right of access, rectification, restriction of or, objection to processing of your personal data (including processing for direct marketing), and portability to another controller and erasure. Some of our Sites allow you to review and update your personal information or cancel your membership of the service. Where this function is not available and for assistance with in respect to other personal information rights, please contact your local Herbalife member services office contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that these rights are subject to limitations set out in law.
If you do not want to receive advertising by e-mail or SMS, you will be given an opportunity to opt-out in the communications you receive.
If you have additional questions about this policy and our practices or if you have complaints about Herbalife’s use of your personal information, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer – EMEA
Herbalife Finance and Operations Service Centre
ul. Puszkarska 7H, 30-644 Kraków, Poland
For users and members in the European Union, if you have concerns about Herbalife’s collection and use of your personal information that Herbalife cannot solve to your satisfaction, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent Supervisory Authority in your jurisdiction.
What about Internet & Site Security?
The Internet is not a secure system, and you should always be cautious about the information you disclose online. Personal Information collected by Herbalife websites is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Where necessary, the personal information is encrypted before you conduct your transaction, using appropriate secure technology.
Can Herbalife change this website policy?
Privacy laws, guidelines and case law change continuously. Herbalife therefore reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time. We recommend that you visit our website periodically to be aware of the latest version of our policy.
How can I identify the Herbalife controller of my data?
You may identify the Herbalife entity that is controller of your personal data by using the chart below based on your country of residence.
|Armenia||105064, Moscow, Zemlyanoy val street, house 9, floor 12, premises I, room 1, 3-7 (“Herbalife Russia”)|
|Austria||HERBALIFE INTERNATIONAL DEUTSCHLAND GmbH, Gräfenhäuser Straße 85., D-64293 Darmstadt, Germany|
|Azerbaijan||105064, Moscow, Zemlyanoy val street, house 9, floor 12, premises I, room 1, 3-7 (“Herbalife Russia”)|
|Belarus||Herbalife Bela LLC, Bldg.29-91А, Prityckogo str., Minsk, 220092, Belarus|
|Belgium||HERBALIFE INTERNATIONAL BELGIUM S.A./N.V., Drukpersstraat 4. B-1000 BRUSSEL – Belgium|
|Bosnia||Herbalife d.o.o. Radnička cesta 39 – 10000 Zagreb, Croatia (“Herbalife Croatia”)|
|Bulgaria||Herbalife Polska Sp. z o.o. Janki ul. Falencka 1B, 05-090 Raszyn (“Herbalife Polska”)|
|Croatia||Herbalife d.o.o. Radnička cesta 39 – 10000 Zagreb, Croatia (“Herbalife Croatia”)|
|Cyprus||HERBALIFE INTERNATIONAL GREECE S.A. 110 Pentelis Street, Marousi, 15126 Athens, Greece (“Herbalife Greece”)|
|Czech Republic||HERBALIFE CZECH REPUBLIC s.r.o., Identification No. (IČO): 028 55 089, Karolinská 661/4, Karlín, 186 00 Praha 8, Czech Republic (“Herbalife Czech”)|
|Denmark||Herbalife Denmark ApS, Hovedvagtsgade 6
1103 København K
|Estonia||LLC “Herbalife International RS” | Russia, 129110, Moscow, Prospect Mira, 33/1. (“Herbalife”)|
|Finland||Herbalife International Finland OY (PL 211, 00131 Helsinki, Finland
Herbalife Norway Products AS, Fornebuveien 46-48, 1366 Lysaker
|France||HERBALIFE INTERNATIONAL FRANCE, S.A. , 3 rue Alexandre Volta B.P. 81020, 67451 MUNDOLSHEIM CEDEX|
|French Polynesia||HERBALIFE INTERNATIONAL FRANCE, S.A. , 3 rue Alexandre Volta B.P. 81020, 67451 MUNDOLSHEIM CEDEX|
|Georgia||105064, Moscow, Zemlyanoy val street, house 9, floor 12, premises I, room 1, 3-7|
|Germany||Herbalife International Deutschland GmbH, Gräfenhäuser Straße 85, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany|
|Ghana||Herbalife of Ghana Ltd., SK DTD127b, Tema, Motorway, Industrial Area Spintex Road, Accra, Ghana|
|Greece||HERBALIFE INTERNATIONAL GREECE S.A., 110 Pentelis, 151 26 Marousi, Athens, Greece|
|Hungary||Herbalife Hungary Ltd., 1097 Budapest, Gubacsi út 6., Building “B”|
|Iceland||Herbalife (U.K.), Limited., The Atrium, 1 Harefield Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1HB|
|Ireland||Herbalife (U.K.) Limited, The Atrium, 1 Harefield Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB81HB, United Kingdom|
|Israel||HERBALIEF INT’L OF ISRAEL (1990) LTD., 46 Derech Hamakabim St, Industrial Zone, Rishon, Letzion 75359, Israel|
|Italy||Herbalife Italia S.p.A., Viale Citta’ d’Europa 819, 00144 Roma, Italia|
|Kazakhstan||LLC Herbalife Kazakhstan, 241 Mukanov Ave., 050008 Almaty city, Republic of Kazakhstan|
|Kyrgyzstan||LLC Herbalife Kazakhstan, 050008, Kazakhstan, Almaty, Mukanova st. 241. (“Herbalife”)|
|Latvia||105064, Moscow, Zemlyanoy val street, house 9, floor 12, premises I, room 1, 3-7 (“Herbalife Russia”)|
|Lebanon||HERBALIFE INTERNATIONAL GREECE S.A. 110 Pentelis Street, Marousi, 15126 Athens, Greece («Herbalife Greece»)|
|Macedonia||Herbalife d.o.o. Radnička cesta 39 – 10000 Zagreb, Croatia (“Herbalife Croatia”)|
|Malta||Herbalife International Netherlands B.V., Postbus 8283, 3503 RG Utrecht, The Netherlands|
|Moldova||I.C.S Herbalife MA SRL , С/f: 1012600022785, Str. Ismail, 81/1, Business Centre “Panorama”, et. 2, MD-2001, Chişinău, Republica Moldova|
|Netherlands||Herbalife International Netherlands B.V., Postbus 8283, 3503 RG Utrecht, The Netherlands|
|Norway||Herbalife Norway Products AS, Fornebuveien 46-48, 1366 Lysaker|
|Poland||HERBALIFE POLSKA Sp. z o.o., Janki, ul. Falencka 1B, 05-090, Raszyn, Polska|
|Portugal||HERBALIFE INTERNATIONAL S.A., Av. Infante D. Henrique, 347 Lisboa, 1800-218, PORTUGAL|
|Romania||Herbalife RO SRL, Str.Arhitect Louis Blanc nr. 1, etajul 7, Sector 1, cod postal 011751, Bucuresti, Romania|
|Serbia||Herbalife d.o.o. Radnička cesta 39 – 10000 Zagreb, Croatia (“Herbalife Croatia”)|
|Slovak Republic||Herbalife Slovakia s.r.o., ID No: 47 742 445, Karadžičova 8/A, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovak Republic (“Herbalife Slovakia”)|
|Slovenia||Herbalife d.o.o. Radnička cesta 39 – 10000 Zagreb, Croatia (“Herbalife Croatia”)|
|South Africa (incl. Botswana, Leshotho, Namibia and Swaziland)||Herbalife International South Africa, Ltd., Ground Floor, Building 32, Woodlands Office Park, Woodlands Drive, Woodmead, Gauteng, 2191, South Africa|
|Spain||Herbalife International de España S.A.
C/ Arequipa, 1, 28043 Madrid
|Sweden||Herbalife Sweden AB, Box 556,101 31 Stockholm, Sweden
Herbalife Norway Products AS, Fornebuveien 46-48, 1366 Lysaker
|Switzerland||Herbalife International Deutschland GmbH, Gräfenhäuser Strasse 85, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany|
|Turkey||HERBALIFE INTERNATIONAL ÜRÜNLERİ TİCARET LTD. ŞTİ., Büyükhanlı Plaza, Küçükbakkalköy Mah. Defne Sok., N3 Ataşehir, 34752, İstanbul/Türkiye|
|Ukraine||Herbalife Ukraine LLC, 01103, Kyiv, 26 Kikvidze str, Ukraine|
|United Kingdom||HERBALIFE (U.K.) LIMITED. The Atrium, 1 Harefield Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1HB. United Kingdom|
|Zambia||Herbalife Zambia Ltd., Shop no. 5, Farmers House, Central Park, Cairo Road, Lusaka, Zambia|
Furthermore, Herbalife Europe Ltd. is a controller of certain personal data for engagements with a limited number of 3rd party service-providers and Herbalife Europe Ltd. has appointed Herbalife International Luxembourg S.à.r.l. as its representative in the European Union. You may contact Herbalife International Luxembourg S.à.r.l. by writing to 16, Avenue de la Gare L-1610 Luxembourg or email@example.com.